Passtech Games is looking for a Game Programmer to join our team during the production phase of our latest game “RAVENSWATCH”. Ravenswatch is a 3D game in a top-down view with a strong and stylized art direction in a Dark Fantasy universe. Our human-sized team will enable you to join a project where your work will be directly put forward and where you will be able to progress and exchange around passionate and experienced people.
With a team of around twenty people, you’ll be working directly with the Lead Programmer and Game Director. We’re looking for a rigorous programmer who’s sensitive to the “game feel” and pays close attention to detail.
Your role will be to:
- Design and document architectures for game systems.
- Code high-performance, resilient gameplay bricks in C++.
- Script specific behaviors into the game engine in collaboration with game designers and artists.
Passtech Games uses the proprietary ‘OEngine’ engine. You’ll be expected to collaborate with other studio programmers to complete your tasks.
The scale of our productions allows for easy dialogue between the different members of the studio: everyone’s opinions are invaluable! We value a healthy and inclusive working environment so that we can develop our games in the best possible conditions. This position is to be filled at our offices in Villeurbanne, two metro stations from the Part Dieu train station.
- BAC +5 in computer science (engineering school or similar)
- You have a thorough understanding of software design
- You have a perfect command of C/C++
- You are rigorous and organized
- Experience with a proprietary game engine is a plus
- Type of contract: CDI
- Availability: from April 2024
- Salary: according to experience and profile
- Benefits: luncheon vouchers, distribution of Nacon shares, 50% reimbursement of travel expenses, health insurance…
- Remote: Remote work is possible for 2 days a week.
- 1st remote interview with our HR manager
- A test in the form of a demo to determine your sensitivity to game feel and your skills
- 2nd face-to-face interview with our management team
Please provide with your application:
A CV, an online portfolio (if possible), and a presentation of your background and projects
Directly on the AFJV website